Rational – The purposes of the Minnesota Project are as follows:
This project meets the following MN Standards for Grade 6:
Overview of Minnesota
1. MN State Symbol
-- The following State symbols are REQUIRED… –
Flag bird flower tree
Fish grain gemstone mushroom
Drink muffin seal Butterfly
Song Photograph Fruit Motto
2. MN Facts
---Compile a list of 10 facts about MN (10 is the minimum required)
Citizenship and Government ~meets State Standards Requirement
1. Identify the major state governmental offices (list of names and pictures) and describe their primary duties associated with them.
Example = attorney general, governor, etc.…
2. Identify the major local governmental offices (list of names and pictures) and describe their primary duties associated with them.
Example = city council, county board, school board, township
3. Identify state or local policy issues or problems Minnesotans either face or will face in the future
Geography ~meets State Standards Requirement
--These will be created by YOU, not copied or printed from another source
--All maps must use the TODALSS elements we learned in class
Economics ~meets State Standards Requirement
Identify Minnesota’s major:
***these companies must originate from MN (originally developed here, MN headquarters, etc.…) not just ones we have here
***Must identify 5 companies in each category
History ~meets State Standards Requirement
1. TYPED REPORT of a major Minnesota political or historical person that has shaped or continues to shape Minnesota today **person MUST be approved by teacher
--typed in your own words
--at least one page in length
**please try to stay away from current actors/actresses or celebrities that have a weak connection to our state. We are looking for major and important people that have made a significant difference.
2. Create a PowerPoint, Prezi, or other electronic media source on an event in Minnesota History
***Must be done electronically
3. Show the history or our area (LeRoy, rural communities/townships…)
4. Show the tourism of a chosen area or place in MN outside of the LeRoy area.
Bibliography/Work Cited Page
Overall Project = Due May 18th
--PLAGARISM IS AGAINST THE LAW! DO NOT COPY!!
http://www.mnopedia.org/ --History & Events
http://www.elm4you.org --library to look up MN stuff