5th Grade Distance Learning Plan
Students are expected to be online each day, interacting with me (through Google Meet), and engaging in learning. Assignments are due on a daily basis. We are not here to overwhelm any student in these difficult times. Let's continue to work together to provide a quality education while maintaining what is in the best interest of each student.
Music/Band (8:15-9:00am Daily)
General Education (9:00am-12:00pm Daily)
Lunch Break (12:00-1:00pm Daily)
General Education (1:00-2:00pm Daily)
PE (2:00-2:30 Monday/Wednesday)
Computer (2:15-2:45 Monday/Thursday)
Art (9:00-9:50am Friday)
- Students with internet: will login to their Google Classroom and during the schedule Google Meet times. During that time, students will be expected to stay on top of the school work provided by the teacher. Students can print assignments, scan assignments, take pictures and upload their assignments.
- Students without internet: will have the same academic expectations (packet work, projects, reading). Students can pick up their individually labeled folder with class assignments for the next two weeks.
Students should have their class IPad. You can also use their home desk top computers. Just make sure that they have Google Classroom and Google Meet uploaded onto the computer.
Distant Learning Apps:
- Google Classroom: to communicate and deliver content to students each day.
- Google Meet: to communicate with students face to face on a daily basis.
- IXL: Math app to help study individual topics.
- Libby: Reading app to find books to read for their AR goals.
- Vocabulary A-Z.com: Spelling app that allows students to play games while studying their words.
- Classtag: App to communicate with students and parents. (If Needed)
- Facebook Group Chat (LO 5th Grade): App to communicate wiht students and parents.
- Generation Genius: Science
- Accelerated Reader: Reading
How to contact Mr. Carrier
- Email : email@example.com
- Cell: 507-259-1525
- School Phone: 507-324-5741 ext. 2269